Investigative Processes

File a Formal Complaint

You may file a formal complaint alleging a violation of the University's Sexual and Gender-Based Harassment Policy by submitting the complaint to the Office for Dispute Resolution at

You may file a complaint alleging a violation of the University's Interim Policies by submitting the complaint to the University Title IX Coordinator at

Please remember that your formal complaint must be in writing. In addition, your formal complaint: 

  • must be a document or electronic submission
  • must contain your physical or digital signature, or otherwise indicates that you are the person filing the formal complaint
  • should state the name of the alleged harasser (if known) and describe with reasonable specificity the incident(s) of alleged harassment, including the date and place of such incident(s)
  • must be in your own words, and may not be authored by others, including family members, advisors, or attorneys
  • should have an attached list of any sources of information (for example, witnesses, correspondence, records, and the like) that the you believe may be relevant to the investigation. Your complaint should not be delayed if such sources of information are unknown or unavailable.

If you have questions about how to file a formal complaint, you may contact ODR to request an informational meeting.